January 1st, 2021, all hospitals are required to display at least 300 “shoppable medical Services “that a health care consumer can access prior to having a procedure. The goal is to give greater transparency to people who wish to be better consumers of health care. The medical providers are supposed to display these services in a “consumer friendly’ format. They have to list:
- Discounted Case Price– The cost of the procedure for someone that pays cash.
- Payer-Specific Negotiated Charge– This is the charge the hospital has pre-negotiated with third-party payers like an insurance network.
- IU Health- $1,505 after insurance
- IU Health- $893.72 with no insurance/Cash discount.
- St. Vincent’s- $1,185 after the network discount.
- St. Vincent’s- $570 with the cash discount.
- Community Health- $700 after insurance
- Community Health- $1,522 Cash discount.
- Franciscan- $1,168 after Insurance.