Skip to content
- Insurance companies are held accountable. The insurance company must spend at least 80% of the premium collected on medical care. If they don’t, then a rebate check will be issued to the group.
- Insurance companies are health accountable for large rate increase. Insurance companies must publicly justify any rate increase over 10%.
- Tax Credits for Small group Health Plans. If you have fewer than 25 full time employees, you may qualify for a small business tax credit. This tax credit can be up to 35% of your premium costs. Additional tax credits will be available in the future.
- You are not required to provide insurance for your employees. Companies with less than 50 employees are exempt from all penalties for not providing health insurance.
- More Health Insurance options. Under the law no American will have to worry about losing coverage if they change their job. All American will have access to the individual market and exchange market for guaranteed issue health insurance policies. In 2014 companies with less than 100 employee will have the option of purchasing group health insurance through an exchange.